You can find out much more about Open Doors at the project website:
What is Open Doors?
Open Doors is a two year Big Lottery funded project managed in partnership by Tai Pawb and the Residential Landlords Association (RLA). It will engage and empower landlords and tenants to reduce issues of inequality and discrimination in the private rented sector.
What are the aims of the project?
The project has four main outcomes:
- Private rented tenants are empowered and enabled through an increased awareness of their rights and responsibilities and capacity to support themselves
- Local authorities and third sector organisations are enabled to improve community relations through being better able to engage with private rented sector landlords and tenants
- Landlords feel more confident, supported and able to let to a diverse and vulnerable range of tenants
- Landlords are upskilled on the requirements of equality legislation, and mistreatment and discrimination against vulnerable private rented sector tenants is prevented and reduced
How will these aims be achieved?
We will achieve these outcomes by:
- Creating an online hub and helpline
- Producing local landlord and tenant equality and diversity guides for each of the local authorities
- Delivering training sessions to at least 120 landlords
- Producing an engagement guide for each of the local authorities
- Developing a landlord-tenant mediation service and pilot with at least 10 participants
- Recruiting and training 21 tenants and 21 landlords to act as champions and continue the work of Open Doors
Which areas will it cover?
We are working in three local authority areas: Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil and the Vale of Glamorgan.
Who is delivering the project?
There are two members of staff working on the Open Doors project: the Project Manager, Sarah, who will be focusing on engaging landlords, and the Project Officer, Nazia, who will be focusing on engaging tenants.
How is the project funded?
Open Doors is fully funded by the Big Lottery fund. More information can be found here: www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/wales
How can I find more information?
Stay up to date with Open Doors by following our social media accounts:
You can also email us at email@example.com or call us on 07388 220388.