Accessible Housing Seminar
The Equality and Human Rights Commission has recently launched an inquiry into housing needs of disabled people. According to Census 2011, 24% of people in Wales are disabled with this number rising to an astounding 39% amongst social housing tenants. Currently, there is no clarity with regards to the true housing need of disabled people in Wales as the information available has serious gaps in it.
However, the information we do have shows a shortage of accessible and adapted housing. This is somewhat alleviated through Accessible Housing Registers although the services provided by those are far from consistent.
- The Welsh Government has set a target of 20,000 homes by 2021, but how will this reflect the need for accessible housing?
- How do we make sure we meet the accessible housing needs of disabled and older people?
- How can we learn from the EHRC Inquiry and embrace the renewed Framework for Action on Independent Living in Wales?
This seminar will provide an opportunity to discuss these issues and learn from good practice examples from the housing sector and beyond.
Plas Dolerw is a fully accessible venue with parking for blue badge holders.
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 10 working days of the date of the event, the full cost of the event will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 15 working days of the date of the event, 50% of the cost will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb more than 15 working days before the date of the event then no cost will be incurred.