Race Inequality Seminar
The Tai Pawb AGM will take place during the midday break (12pm-1:30pm), and is free and open for our members to attend.
If you would like to attend the AGM only, please email to let us know.
- Tom Murtha, Chair of North Wales Housing
- Rocio Cifuentes, Director of EYST
- Sanjiv Vedi, Board Member of the Hendre Group
- Sian Sanders, Community Cohesion Regional Co-ordinator Cardiff & the Vale of Glamorgan
The latest figures show there has been a marked increase in hate crime, the majority of which have been race related incidents. This rise in racism and xenophobia has been recognised by the United Nations and it may be symptomatic of not only a change in attitudes but a wider trend of racism being ‘left behind’ as an equality issue.
Race inequality has a far reaching effect on the lives of BAME people. The recent UK Government Race Disparity Audit shows that, in England, ethnic minority people are more likely to be homeless, live in overcrowded, unsuitable and fuel-poor homes, and are less likely to be home owners, but to what extent are these trends reflected in Wales?
- What role can housing providers play in improving the life experiences and well-being of BAME people in Wales?
- Are staff able to identify and challenge cases of racial discrimination?
- Are organisation’s policies and practices sufficiently robust to deal with these issues?
Join us at the next Tai Pawb seminar to find out more, discuss solutions and learn from good practice.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 10 working days of the date of the event, the full cost of the event will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 15 working days of the date of the event, 50% of the cost will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb more than 15 working days before the date of the event then no cost will be incurred.
Seminar attendees are welcome to attend our AGM, though this is optional.