Tai Pawb Conference – Close to Home
Members: £128 (3 for £345) / Non Members: £160
Tai Pawb are proud to present Wales’ only equality and housing conference.
We invite you to join us at the Future Inn Cardiff to share, learn and discuss best practises in equality, diversity, social justice and human rights.
Principal Sponsor – Valleys to Coast
Close to Home: The Right to Housing is an opportunity to explore whether we need a radical re-think of what housing is and what would happen if it was indeed a basic human right. Would Wales be a fairer place to live, with more social housing and much better outcomes for those who are vulnerable and marginalised? And if so, how can we make this happen? What can we learn from the terrible tragedy at Grenfell Tower and from the countries and places where adequate housing is a basic right?
- Professor Geraldine Van Bueren QC
- Peter Tatchell
The conference will be opened by Rebecca Evans AM, Minister for Housing and Regeneration, and we’re pleased to announce a guest speaker, Winter Olympian and Team GB Bobsleigher Mica Moore.
- Bonnie Navarra – Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales
- Ian Thomas – Chief Executive. Trivallis
- Katie Dalton – Director, Cymorth Cymru
- Rebecca Scott – Wales Cities of Sanctuary Coordinator, Displaced People in Action
As always, the event will also allow you to discuss and learn from the latest thinking in the field of equality, diversity and housing, including:
- Co-Producing Diversity
Working with tenants to deliver change
- Gender Pay Gap
Key issues, solutions and good practice
- Accessible Homes
Best practice on allocation and adaptations
- Equality in Homelessness Prevention
A focus on diversity issues within homelessness
Information for Delegates
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
- There is parking at the venue.
- The nearest station is Cardiff Bay (0.4 mile walk) and the hotel has good bus links.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Speakers subject to change.
- We will be sending a delegate list out in advance of the conference. If you would not like your name included, please let us know at the time of your booking.
Buy 3x member tickets for just £345 – a saving of £39.