Equality and Diversity Awareness for Staff – Training
Members £70 | Non-members £95
(Not sure if you’re a member? Check here)
Our most popular course! This training aims to equip staff with a clear understanding of the different ways in which discrimination can occur and an appreciation of the common barriers to equality for people with protected characteristics.
It focuses on both service delivery and employment. It will also ensure staff gain an understanding of their legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010. This is an interactive training session which aims to explore the Equality Act and barriers within the context of the day to day work of the organisation. This training has a focus on equality in housing but is relevant across sectors.
Delegates will be able to:
- Explain why equality matters
- Recognise their organisation’s and their own legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- Describe who is protected from discrimination and the different ways in which this discrimination can be experienced
- Assess service users experiences across the Protected Characteristics and identify the barriers they may face and ways to remove such barriers.
- Specify the impact of stereotyping and prejudice in relation to protected characteristics
This course is aimed at staff working at all levels and will be tailored to the roles of those who book on the course.
Our office is accessible, but we have very limited car park space. Waun-Gron Park station is close by, as well as bus stops and a Nextbike dock at Waun-Gron Park.
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 10 working days of the date of the event, the full cost of the event will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 15 working days of the date of the event, 50% of the cost will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb more than 15 working days before the date of the event then no cost will be incurred.