Have you ever overheard something you know was wrong but were unsure how to challenge it?
To give participants an understanding of how to challenge in a constructive way and give them the confidence to start challenging behaviour and language they disagree with.
Participants will have an opportunity to:
- Discuss situations when they wanted to challenge and/or did challenge
- Reflect on what situations they do wish to challenge in and which situations they don’t
- Discuss case studies of situations where people might be challenged and what to do in those situations
- Discuss what the consequences of challenging might be and what the consequences of not challenging might be
- Learn how to challenge in a constructive way
- Practise challenging skills
- Introductions, Outline of course, Confidentiality
- What do we challenge?
What are the behaviours and language that we challenge or want to challenge?
- Case studies
Examples of situations where people say/do things that could be challenged and what you can do in those situations
- How do we challenge?
What are the skills needed to challenge?
How can you challenge in a constructive way that keeps dialogue open?
What words/tone/body language are desirable?
- Challenging practice
Practicing the skills
- What are we taking forward?
If you would like to book this fascinating half day course, please get in touch with us on 029 2053 7635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org