Connect with Respect
The aim of the session is for housing officers, landlords and those who go into tenants’ homes, to be sensitive to and appreciative of factors relating to equality and diversity issues that may impact on their interaction with customers, and to demonstrate a willingness to learn and apply ‘cultural sensitivity’ in their day to day contact with customers.
At the end of the session participants will:
- Be able to explain why it is important to be mindful of individual needs and sensitivities when working with customers.
- Recognise the impact of their own viewpoints and experiences on their approach and practice – values and beliefs as well as potential biases and assumptions
- Know how to broaden their knowledge about the different needs their customers might have, for example related to lifestyles, communication, family involvement, personal space, disability and mental health
- Understand how to apply this understanding and sensitivity in their day to day dealings with customers
- Be aware of ways to develop and utilise their own and organisational ‘diversity resources’
This course is available as a half day or full day course.
If you would like to book this course, please get in touch with our Member Relations Manager Helen Roach on 029 2053 7635 or email email@example.com.