By becoming members of Tai Pawb, our members have expressed a commitment to equality and diversity. The Welsh Housing sector offers fantastic opportunities for everyone with a variety of career options.
Cadwyn is a rapidly growing and changing community housing association based in Cardiff. Our traditional public service values are being challenged by a more commercial culture and the requirement for more risk and innovation.
We are a diverse business with experience in social housing management and development, private sector leasing, social lettings, market lets and sales, commercial/regeneration experience and a large funded recycling project.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our busy team.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we are undertaking a number of projects in order to further develop and support our business. With this comes new financial challenges and this role will play a key part in taking the finance function to the next level.
Salary: £42,531 - £46,679
What we need:
As a results focused individual, you will be responsible for ensuring the development of systems and processes in accordance with business requirements to ensure effective and efficient processing of financial and non-financial data. With a proven track record of managing a team and excellent financial knowledge you will be able to hit the ground running.
You will ensure that the systems are fit for purpose, considering future financial reporting requirements of the business. A confident communicator with a positive flexible attitude the successful candidate will provide training and coaching to all relevant staff as and when required.
The important stuff:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience preferably in a related industry
- Proven track record with financial management accounting and exceptional analytical skills
- Decision maker with excellent communication skills and demonstrable experience of influencing across functionality at varying levels
- Able to develop and implement strong procedures and systems
- Able to build working relationships with a wide variety of business users
- Self motivated with a great work ethic and team spirit
- Ability to work remotely and achieve results
Key outputs of the role:
- Implement new system, processes and financial reporting for a managed housing scheme
- Develop robust KPI's and financial reporting for our internal maintenance department
- Enhance the reporting on the management accounts and provide business partnering support to departmental managers to manage their budgets
- Support the finance team to deliver their objectives and manage the team on a day to day basis
What you'll get:
- 35 hour working week
- 25 days holiday per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Choice of pension schemes
- Use of company pool cars
- Ongoing training and development
- Other benefits including: flexible working, flexi leave, health and wellbeing initiatives, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and permanent health insurance scheme
Other useful information:
- Closing date: 5.00pm Tuesday 9th June 2020
- Interviews: Friday 12th June 2020
Want to find out more? Please call Samantha Daniel, Director of Finance on 07502 404447 for an informal chat.
Please note that once you begin your application you will not be able to save your progress and return to this at a later date. We therefore recommend you have your CV and covering letter (outlining how you meet the requirements of the role) prepared prior to starting the process as you will be required to attach these. You will also be asked for your personal details and equality information as part of the application process.
If you have any questions please contact the HR Team via email@example.com, we're delighted that you're interested in joining Cadwyn and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
Cadwyn is committed to the Principles of Equal Opportunities, Tenant Participation, Professionalism, Openness and Accessibility.More info and application here
We are looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Surveyor to join Hafod in September on a permanent full-time basis, working 36 hours per week. You will be working as part of an effective and efficient Asset Delivery Team. This job offers a salary of £23,000 per annum and will be working across various locations in South East Wales.
What you'll do
We are searching for a Graduate Surveyor who will assist in cleansing and updating the data held within our asset management system. This data will be used to maximise the long term planning and financial viability of our assets. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in developing specialist skills within Asset Intelligence by managing various planned maintenance projects. We have a range of projects that we would love for you to get involved with, such as, helping drive the organisation through the new Welsh Government Decarbonisation target to reduce emissions by 2030. These projects will add value to our organisation and the people we serve, and will give you variety in your job. This role will enable you to work towards successfully achieving professional status.
What you'll need
To be successful you will have a relevant professional qualification with knowledge of appropriate industry legislation including; Building Regulations, CDM, Radon and Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn new skills and help implement new working practices bringing a positive and can-do attitude to a new developing asset function. You will need to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including the use of Excel. Experience of using asset management software systems and/or GIS mapping software is desirable.
You will need a full current driving licence and have a willingness to work flexibly.
- The role offers a salary of £23,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) - increasing with length of service
- Generous pension contributions
- Join a socially conscious not for profit organisation
- Employee assistance programme and well-being resource available 24/7
- ‘Perks’ – a range of shopping and activity discounts and cashback options
- We are a Family Friendly organisation
- Develop with the support of our academi
Opportunities for development
Through our academi we provide a range of learning and development opportunities to support you on your learning journey with us. We offer development opportunities for every stage of your career. From technical training to leadership development we have a range of programmes.
If you would like further information about this opportunity please contact Katie Carey on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 15 June 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 24 June 2020
If successful for this role a DBS check will be required. Hafod reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration.More info and application here