Accessible Homes for the Future: II
Thursday 26 March | Plas Dolerw, Milford Road, Newtown, Powys SY16 2EH
Members £100 | Non-members £125
The availability of accessible and adaptable housing in Wales is at a critical low and is a significant obstacle for many disabled and older people. Having a home that is not just suitable for current needs, but also adaptable for the future, is crucial for health and wellbeing needs, personal independence and general quality of life.
This seminar builds on the fundamental discussion that Tai Pawb began in 2018 on the role of accessible housing in Wales; we return with Accessible Homes for the Future: II to consider progress and explore the challenges as well as the solutions moving forward.
- Alicja Zalesinska | Director, Tai Pawb will reflect on the progress made in Wales since the publication of EHRC's disability inquiry report, 'Wales hidden crisis'. This session will also explore some of the key challenges as well as opportunities for the future
- Simon Prothero (TBC) and other speakers | Welsh Government will provide progress updates and plans related to accessible housing, including the adaptations system, housing need and housing standards
- Brian Brown | Director, ARMED and Maria Booth | Area Representative, HAS Technology Group will explore HASTEC's ground-breaking Advanced Risk Modelling for Early Detection (ARMED) technology, increasingly used by housing providers in the UK and recently in Wales
- Sian Howells | Director of New Business and Alex Dawson | Senior Development Officer, Mid Wales Housing will discuss their most recent development - Croft Court - which has been co-funded through Welsh Government's Innovative Housing Programme.
- Neil Williams | Head of Agency Support and Development, Care & Repair Cymru will look at CRC's 'Hospital to a Healthier Home' service, co-located in 13 principal hospitals in Wales and helping to identify opportunities to assist older people with discharge and ongoing arrangements
A full agenda is available here.
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 10 working days of the date of the event, the full cost of the event will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb within 15 working days of the date of the event, 50% of the cost will be incurred;
- If cancellation is notified to Tai Pawb more than 15 working days before the date of the event then no cost will be incurred.
Newtown, Powys SY16 2EH