We know that certain groups of people may find it more difficult to progress in their career or gain confidence to lead. Mentoring can help people unlock their potential.
We would like you to commit to mentoring one person from a group which is under-represented within your workforce. This might be somebody who is:
- A colleague/tenant/customer/service user
- Younger or Older
- Female or Male
- Black or from Minority Ethnic Background
- Gay or Lesbian
- From a particular religious background
- Underprivileged socio-economic background
- Any other group which you think deserves to be represented or supported but isn’t
What mentoring is:
It’s about unlocking potential in the mentee during the course of a long term and confidential one to one relationship where a person with more experience (the mentor) is used by the mentee as a ‘sounding board’ and guide. It’s about enabling the mentee to come up with their own solutions. Usually it consists of meetings or phone/email contact where you support your mentee.
Information and Support
What happens next?
How to pledge
- Download the pledge sheet
- Tweet (#leaderlikeme) your picture and commitment to this pledge
- What happens next?
- Complete your pledge by June 2017
- We will contact you throughout the year to see how you are getting on and to collect examples of good practice
- We will share and promote the best examples with the housing sector and wider stakeholders
- We will keep you up to date with the progress of the campaign
If you need help or support with completing the action you pledged, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Not on twitter?
Email us your pledge photo and we will tweet it email@example.com