Stress Resilience Workshop
A session that’s all about you,
strengthening your resilience and supporting others.
How can individuals help themselves when they are pressed? Human beings are born with a natural resilience (that is, the ability to thrive, bounce back, or remain stable in spite of adversity) and yet we spend little time learning how to strengthen our resilience. Stress can inspire positive change, or cause deterioration, depending on an individuals’ level of resilience. It is well recognised that prolonged stress can have harmful effects on our health and well-being. There are various practical tools we can learn to build resilience and in doing so, increase our abilities to cope more effectively with stress and difficulties. And there are ways to take better care of our mental wellbeing.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for most people.
This course will assist you to:
- Understand what is stress and it’s impact on physical and mental health
- Recognise common signs and symptoms of stress and burnout
- Identify common stress reaction patterns and maladaptive coping
- Develop practical skills to cope more effectively with stress and difficulties and to build resilience
- Identify where to find support should you need it
By the end of the session you will:-
- Understand the stress reaction cycle and its potential harmful effects
- Develop skills to cope more effectively with stress and avoid burnout
- Take away tools that can build resilience and mental wellbeing
- Know where to find professional help and support
About the Facilitator – Bethan Roberts
Bethan is a Mental Health First Aid Instructor (Welsh Government approved since 2008). She is also a mental health tutor for Cardiff University’s PGCE courses and runs mental health training across the public, private and third sectors.
How to book?
To book this workshop for your organisation contact us on email@example.com or 029 21 057957