Let’s Talk About… Trans Inclusion
What is it? Why is it important? Where do I start?
If you find yourself asking any of these questions about Trans and non-binary inclusion then this session is for you!
This session is facilitated by a Transgender person to bring valuable lived experience, it is 30-60 minutes long including an opportunity to ask questions.
Trans and non-binary inclusion is the act of being aware and supportive of the Trans and non-binary community within your workplace including colleagues, customers and stakeholders. The session supports organisations to raise awareness of some of the barriers Transgender and non-binary people experience when accessing work and services and what the housing sector can do to provide support.
What will this session cover?
- Introduction to Trans and non-binary awareness
- Pronouns and beyond – how to show and act on inclusion
- Barriers to engaging with services and how to address them
- Inclusive language and communications
- Challenging Transphobia
- Making hiring practices more inclusive
- Building relationships with Trans and non-binary groups
- Empowering staff to be confident when supporting Trans or non-binary people
Find out more
To book or find out more contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org