Welsh Language and Housing
Below you will find useful resources and information on the Welsh Language and Housing.
Accessing Members Resources
Some resources are for Tai Pawb members only and you will need a password to access them. If you are a Tai Pawb member and need details of the password or copies of documents in a Word version or alternative format please contact email@example.com or call 029 2053 7630.
Presentations from Tai Pawb Events:
- Presentation from Welsh Language Commissioner Office on Standards Investigations (presented at the Welsh Housing Equality Network meeting 13/7/15)
- BydTermCymru – The portal for the Welsh Government Translation Service’s resources. Includes their terminology database, TermCymru, as well as a host of other useful resources for translators.
- Cysill Ar-lein – Online Welsh spelling and grammar checker from Bangor University
- Working Welsh Materials and Proof Reading Service (Welsh Language Commissioner – Hybu Microsite)
- North Wales Housing Association has useful resources on their website on:
- Pronunciation of Welsh names, some useful Welsh Housing terminology, common greetings and basic phrases (specifically for non-Welsh speaking staff)
- Useful terminology, common greetings and phrases when providing a service to the Welsh speaking public
- More advanced terminology, common greetings and phrases when providing a service to the Welsh speaking public
- English by default: Understanding the use and non-use of Welsh language services (Citizen’s Advice Bureau, 2015)
Please note the material in this section is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Tai Pawb is not responsible for the content of external resource.